Codi 2K Camera FAQ
Setting Up My Codi Camera
SAVE THE RECEIPT! You’ll need it to claim the device under our free one-year warranty. Take everything out of the box and make sure you have all of the parts. You do this by matching the box contents with the list of "What's Included" or “What’s in the box” on the side of the box! If you think you are missing a part, please contact our Customer Service Team:
• Phone: 1-888-818-0436 (Monday through Friday 8am-5pm PST).
• Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Of Course! Here is the link for the guide
Codi Installation guide
What are the Wi-Fi connection requirements for my new camera? You will need a 2.4GHz (802.11bg/n) on your home or office system for Wi-Fi connectivity. Don’t worry – this is pretty standard for most home Wi-Fi routers these days.
A mobile device running on an Android 6.0+ or iOS 10.0+ platform. Right now, Windows-based phones are not compatible with Momentum.
The camera can stand on its own. This makes it very portable in case you want to try it out in various rooms of the house. But it can also be securely mounted on a table, wall, or ceiling.
Included in the Momentum Codi product box are materials you can use to securely mount your camera:
• A 1 ½” round piece of double-sided tape
• A 1 ¾” round metal plate with two holes
• Two screws with plastic anchors You have the option of using the tape alone: Simply stick one side to the bottom of the metal plate and the other to your chosen surface. For a stronger mount, screw the metal plate into the surface (e.g., wall or ceiling), and then watch as the magnetic bottom of the camera snaps securely into place. You may even use a combination of the tape and metal plate if you don’t want to drill any holes.
This depends on what area you want the camera to view. Some popular choices are front door entry, baby’s bedroom, living room, and garage.
This will work great during daylight hours. However, at night the infrared (IR) camera light will reflect off the glass and greatly reduce any outside visibility. Make sure you turn off the Night Vision option in the settings if you still plan to do so.
The Momentum Codi camera is not made of materials that will withstand harsh weather or extended exposure to rainwater. Therefore, we recommend that it be used indoors or in an area protected from the elements. If you would like an outdoor camera, we would recommend the Momentum Teri Battery Camera which is a weatherproof that protects the outside of your property. Click here to learn more about the Momentum Teri.
Sure! The camera has Infrared (IR) night vision built right in. Night vision mode is automatically activated when the camera senses a low light environment.
In order to function, the Codi camera need to be directly connected to a power source. With a wired (plugged in) connection you have the advantage of unlimited power and never having to worry about changing or charging a battery. This is the best way to use a security camera. And you won’t ever miss out on that special YouTube moment!
You do not need a memory card to record videos as every device now comes with a free 24hr video playback. However, if you want to maintain your videos for a longer period of time or just want to back-up those recorded videos, you may use a micro-SD card to do so.
Most brands of Micro SD cards will work fine, as long as their capacity does not exceed 128 GB and is at least Class 4 and in FAT32 format. Here is an estimate of the number of hours of recording you will get with various sizes of Micro SD cards, recording at 720p:
• 4GB = 12 hours
• 8GB = 25 hours
• 16GB = 50 hours
• 32GB = 100 hours
The choice depends on your projected use and needs. Momentum Secure Plan allows you to record an unlimited number of recordings during the set storage duration that you purchase. Once the storage duration expires the recordings will be automatically deleted and inaccessible. The microSD card allows you to record a certain number of hours, and then the recording will loop around to the beginning and record over the earliest saved data. With either option, you can easily share your recorded videos and photos with friends or family, or even yourself!
You may purchase the Momentum Secure subscription plan through the Momentum Secure App. Simply log into your account and navigate to Account Info. From there, tap on Subscription Plan and choose the plan that best fits your needs.
Yes, as long as the camera is paired under Momentum secure App.
Using My Codi Camera
Here is the basic sequence of steps to follow. Refer to on screen instructions for more details.
First connect the USB cable to the camera device and power source. Make sure to have a Wi-Fi connection available before you proceed.
1. Download the “Momentum Secure" app and create a new user account. Make sure you’re downloading the correct app. To ensure you’re downloading the correct version, scan the appropriate QR code (iOS or Android) in the Installation Guide.
2. You will then receive a verification code (VCode) that is sent to your email. Enter the VCode to confirm the registration.
3. Follow the instructions in the app to pair your Momentum camera device with your Momentum Secure account and Wi-Fi network.
4. Once you have successfully connected the camera device to your mobile device you are set to go.
The flashlights are a helpful way for your camera to tell you what state it is in!
• Solid Red Light: Camera is booting up.
• Blinking Red Light: Disconnected from WiFi network
• Blinking Red & Blue Light: Camera is ready to be paired.
• Solid Blue Light: Live stream or recording is in progress.
That’s an easy one! Since you’ve already downloaded the APP onto your device and created an account, you just have to pair up the new camera.
1. Go to the App menu and select the “+” icon at the top right corner of the dashboard screen.
2. Select the camera from the list and follow the prompts.
Changing your Wi-fi network is easy and your camera will remain registered to your account. Simply follow the steps below.
1. Reset your camera by holding the camera’s reset button down for at least 10 seconds, until you hear the voice “ your device has been reset”. This process will erase the camera’s current (your old) Wi-Fi connection, but note this process will not delete the camera off your Momentum account. The camera will still be registered with your account unless you fully delete it from the app settings.
2. Make sure your mobile device is connected to the new Wi-Fi Net
work. 3. Go to the App menu and select the “+” icon at the top right corner of the dashboard screen.
4. Select the camera from the list and follow the prompts to get your camera reconnected.
Yes, you will! In addition, all cameras come with the FREE subscription plan that allows for 24hr video playback.
Of course! The free plan includes unlimited live streaming. Your account will already be enrolled after pairing your camera.
While you are in the Dashboard, tap on the Gear icon on the top right corner of the camera you want to stop receiving notification then tap on Notification Settings button. Swipe left to turn off Notification settings.
Codi Camera Troubleshooting
There could be several reasons. Don't worry, we've got you covered: Please verify that the email address entered is a valid email address. If yes, you can tap on resend Code link in the App to send VCode every 2 minutes. If you are still didn’t receive the VCode, please contact our customer support.
There could be several reasons. Here are some options for resolution of the problem:
1. Make sure the camera is plugged in and showing a blinking red and blue light.
2. Check that you are in an area with strong Wi-Fi signal.
3. make sure the Bluetooth on your mobile device is turned on.
4. Make sure your mobile device is on the Wi-Fi network you wish your camera to be paired to.
5. Have you entered the correct Wi-Fi
6. Try force closing the app, then open back and try re-pairing.
7. Make sure your mobile device is compatible. (iOS 10.0+/ Android 6.0+)
• Check to see if the card was properly inserted into the camera slot. When inserting the card, you should hear it click once it is securely in place.
• Make sure the microSD card is in the FAT32 format. If it’s not, then you’ll need to reformat the microSD card using a computer.
• Ensure that the microSD card is not defective by testing it in another device such as your computer.
On the top of the camera you will find a Reset button (next to microSD Card slot). Hold this down for at least 10 seconds. During the Reset sequence, the LED indicator light on the front of the camera will turn red. Once the reset and reboot is complete, your camera's LED indicator light will start blinking Red and Blue and hear a voice prompt “your device is ready to be paired. At this point, your camera is ready to connect to a Wi-Fi network.
This is most likely related to a pairing issue:
1. Make sure your camera’s pairing process was successful.
2. Go to dashboard and swipe down, this will refresh the Dashboard and load the camera. If all else fails, re-pair your camera